There actually are several universes, but which one is to be the one the game mainly takes place?
- Capcom World, the setting from Adventure Quiz: Capcom World (and its sequel), Street Fighter X All Capcom, and Minna to Capcom All-Stars. The games always existed together and expands as new games are released.
- Capconia (Puzzle & Dragons)
- A world that exists due to the main villain from the game somehow messing with time and space in a similar way to Namco X Capcom, either due to anomalies, time portals, or other means.
- A world that exists due to the main villain from the game somehow messing with time and space in a similar way to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, merging different worlds and times. This results in the possible outcomes:
- The worlds are separated in the ending.
- The worlds are permanently merged, creating a new world with several anomalies/time portals/paradoxes that must be solved.
- The convergence is permanent, creating a new world with a new timeline.
- Different worlds and times that were forcibly merged in a similar way to the Worlds Unite crossover from the Mega Man and Sonic comics and the planet created by Beyonder in Marvel's Secret Wars.
Alternatively, to reduce the amount of worlds, it can be assumed that at the very least only 1-3 worlds existed before the convergence, similar to Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone, or a single world with the games set in different times, with only time being changed. This would result in similar worlds that are know to be from different universes being put together, like the original Mega Man series and the Mega Man Battle Network series.
In case more than one world is used, the primary world is basically the same as the real world up to 20XX, but with fictional elements such as more advanced technology, powerful martial arts, supernatural beings, time travel, ...
Warning: Contains spoilers from some games.
|?||Asura's Wrath (earliest time in the game)|
|?||Gargoyle's Quest II|
|? (circa 40XX B.C.)||Gargoyle's Quest|
|? (c. 7XX B.C.)||Demon's Crest|
|? (c. 5XX)||Knights of the Round|
|? (62X-63X)||SonSon II|
|? (c. 67X-8XX)||SonSon|
|? (c. 7XX-9XX)||Marvel vs. Capcom 2|
|? (c. 7XX-9XX)||Ōkami|
|? (c. 9XX-15XX)||Black Tiger|
|? (c. 9XX-15XX)||Magic Sword|
|?||Quiz & Dragons|
|? (c. 10XX-14XX)||Ghosts 'n Goblins series|
|? (c. 14XX-15XX)||Event: Chakravartin (Asura's Wrath) is defeated, severely weakening the magic on Earth.|
|? (c. 146X-160X)||Sengoku Basara series|
|? (c. 14XX-16XX)||Onimusha series|
|189X-190X||Power Stone series|
|? (c. 192X-194X)||Commando series|
|? (c. 192X-195X)||Bionic Commando series|
|? (c. 197X-199X)||Code Name: Viper|
|? (c. 19XX-200X)||Darkstalkers series|
|198X||Slam Masters series|
|? (19XX)||Note: In the Capcom World Drs. Thomas Light and Tadashi Hikari are brothers instead of different versions of the same person. Both became successful scientists. There is only one Wily and Cossack, Wily's MMBN counterpart being a disguise like "Mr. X" and a robotic copy.|
|19XX-20XX||Final Fight series|
|199X-201X||Clock Tower series|
|199X||Carrier Air Wing|
|19XX-20XX||Street Fighter series|
|? (19XX-20XX)||Most sports games|
|? (19XX-20XX)||Most racing games|
|? (c. 19XX-20XX)||Ghost Trick|
|? (c. 199X-200X)||Capcom Fighting All Stars: Code Holder|
|? (c. 19XX-20XX)||Devil May Cry series|
|? (c. 19XX-20XX)||Viewtiful Joe series|
|197X-202X||Resident Evil series|
|? (Early 20XX)||Rival Schools series|
|Early 20XX||Mega Man Battle Network series|
|20XX||Mega Man series|
|20XX||Dead Rising series|
|20XX||Ace Attorney series|
|? (c. 20XX)||The Speed Rumbler|
|2010||Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight|
|? (c. 20XX)||Gotcha Force|
|? (c. 20XX)||Quiz Nanairo Dreams|
|? (c. 20XX)||Asura's Wrath (end)|
|21XX||Mega Man X series|
|Early 22XX||Mega Man Star Force series|
|Late 22XX||Mega Man X: Command Mission|
|? (Late 22XX)||Tech Romancer|
|? (2XXX)||Lost Planet series|
|? (Between 22XX-24XX)||Event: The Elf Wars (Mega Man Zero series)|
|? (2XXX)||Mega Man Zero series|
|?||Mega Man ZX series|
|? (c. 4XXX)||Strider 2|
|?||Event: Humans start leaving Earth (Lost Planet series), with a few staying in an attempt to restore the planet (Between Mega Man ZX and Mega Man Legends series)|
|?||Lost Planet series|
|?||Forgotten Worlds (not on Earth)|
|?||Three Wonders (not on Earth)|
|?||Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (not on Earth)|
|?||Monster Hunter series (not on Earth)|
|?||Breath of Fire series (not on Earth)|
|?||Section Z (not on Earth)|
|?||Last Duel (not on Earth)|
|?||Side Arms (not on Earth)|
|?||Exed Exes (not on Earth)|
|?||Mega Man Legends series|
|?||Vulgus and Titan Warriors (not on Earth)|
- Licensed games are also part of this universe, but they are rarely mentioned due to mysterious anomalies in time and space.