Biohazard 2 Trial Edition (SLPS00999) files.
When opening the disc, 4 files and 6 folders appear:
|ROCK_NEO.EXE||964 KB||August 6, 1997, 01:44:28|
|SLPS_009.99||964 KB||August 6, 1997, 03:17:30|
|SYSTEM.CNF||69 bytes||July 30, 1997, 02:41:34|
|ZNULL.DAT||35,3 MB||June 13, 1997, 07:58:10|
|COMMON||Contains five folders.|
|DAT||Rockman Neo files. See here.|
|PL0||Contains 4 folders.|
|PROG||Contains 12 ".BIN" files. Maybe some PROGraming stuff?|
|XA||Contains 6 audio files from Rockman Neo. See here.|
|ZMOVIE||Contains 3 files, which are all movies: The Capcom logo in the opening (CAPCOM.STR), the Breath of Fire III video (INFO.STR), and the Biohazard 2 video (R10B.STR, unused in the trial) with Tyranos' chest opening after using the 2 Red Jewels.|
|BIN||Eight ".bin" files.|
|BSS||Contains 115 files named "ROOM___.BSS" inside, where each ___ is a number between 100-117, 200-21D, 300-30F, 400-40B, 500-514, 600-607, 700-706.|
|DATA||Miscellaneous Biohazard 2 files. Ripped most of it and added below.|
|DOOR||Textures of doors and other stuff used in the loading screens. Below are all 27 textures.|
|SOUND||Judging by the file names, this contains sound effects.|
|PLD||Contains 26 files ("CDEMD0.EMS", 3 ".PLD", and 22 ".PLW") with textures of characters (playable, NPC, enemy - including dogs and crows) and their weapons. Ripped only main characters.|
|RTD||Contains 62 ".RDT" files with a LOT of 2D effects and textures from objects, items, ...|
|VOICE||Contains 3 ".XAS" voice audio files.|
Item images from their description
- 67 - no item
- 68 - no item
- 69 - no item
- 70 - no item
- 71 - クリスの日記 (Chris' Diary) - The only file that can be obtained normally in the trial.
- 72 - FAX
- 73 - レオンあてのメモ (Memo addressed to Leon)
- 74 -
- 75 - だっしゅつろ
- 76 - しゃしんＡ (Photo A)
- 77 - しゃしんＢ (Photo B)
- 78 - しゃしんＣ (Photo C)
- 79 - ウィリアムしれいしょうつし
- 80 - ウィリアムしれいしょうつし
- 81 - スクラップブック (Scrapbook)
- 82 - じけんのけいこう
- 83 - FAX
- 84 - ジョージのダイアリー (George's Diary)
- 85 -
- 86 - タイラントファイル (Tyrant File)
- 87 - no item
- 88 - (P)のカギ (Key of (P)) - Used, as item 62's name changes to this after being examined. P = Public. The S, L, and D keys also change to the names below.
- 89 - (S)のカギ (Key of (S)) - Strict
- 90 -
- 91 - (L)のカギ (Key of (L)) - Limited
- 92 - (D)のカギ (Key of (D)) - "D"
- 93 - (blank)
- 94 - リボン (Ribbon)
- 95 - (blank)
- 96 onward... - (Causes errors. May crash.)
YouTube videos uploaded by scarface1224md showing the Trial Edition. It ends when Ada Wong appears, but it was hacked to show beyond that.
Noticable changes from final version include: (Copied from YouTube video descriptions, with minor changes)
- 0:59 - Handgun only holds 15 bullets instead of 18.
- 1:00 - Leon's avatar in the status screen is different.
- 1:24 - Kendo has a different sounding voice.
- 1:58 - First Aid Spray and Typewriter not present in final game. Handgun Bullets in different locations.
- 2:02 - Different cutscene than final game, Kendo doesn't shoot.
- Note: It is not shown in the video, but like above, Kendo doesn't shoot if the player leaves the shop and hears him being attacked from outside.
- 2:14 - Item picture for Handgun Bullets different than final game.
- 2:44 - Shotgun holds 7 shells instead of 5 like final game.
- 3:05 - More zombies behind gate than final game.
- 3:06 - Zombies don't open gate like final game.
- 3:29 - Climbable path unlike final game, which is blocked by Kendo's transport. In the final, one must enter the courtyard gate opened by the zombies, walk around, and enter the bus to reach the other side.
- 3:35 - Different background, camera angles and area than final game.
- 3:38 - Handgun bullets in different location.
- 3:42 - No on screen computer prompt and different camera angle.
- 4:48 - No cutscene with Marvin and Blue Card Key.
- 5:07 - Shotgun not present in final game. In the final, a Shotgun is in the locker from 11:53.
- 5:25 - No Green Herb like final game.
- 5:42 - "P" Key not present in final game.
- 6:05 - Southwest door opens with "P" Key instead of unlocking with computer in lobby. East door can't be opened.
- 6:12 - No Item Box or Police memorandum.
- 6:34 - No Hand Gun Bullets on dead body.
- 6:41 - No Licker cutscene.
- Not shown - Of note, the door here opens with "L" Key instead of Spade Key. Inside, there is a wooden box that can be pushed to reach Hand Gun Bullets instead of a metallic object to reach the Crank. Taking the ammo will cause a glitch that makes Leon walk in the air, leaving him stuck in the room. First Aid Spray instead of H. Gun Bullets. Hand Gun Bullets instead of Ink Ribbons. No Patrol Report.
- 6:51 - No Green Herb.
- 7:26 - Handgun ammo in different location.
- 8:16 - Less zombies than final game.
- 8:37 - No Green Herbs present.
- 8:48 - No Handgun ammo and Operation report.
- 9:34 - Different background, camera angles and sealed door is in different location than final game.
- 10:45 - Zombie has different footstep soundset.
- 11:30 - No Unicorn Medal present under Chris's Diary.
- 11:39 - No Handgun ammo present.
- 11:53 - Nothing in locker.
- 11:58 - "L" Key not present in final game.
- 12:00 - Ada cutscene not present in final game. In the final, Claire appears when Chris' Diary is taken.
- 12:01 - This is where the trial ends, but its been modified to bypass the cutscene and continue play.
- 12:32 - Door unlocks with "L" Key instead of Spade Key.
- 12:39 - Less zombies than final game.
- 13:08 - No Handgun ammo and different background.
- 13:37 - No Red Herb and extra background.
- 13:49 - Door leads to 2nd floor lobby instead of 3rd floor lobby.
- 13:54 - Entirely different camera angles throughout.
- 14:08 - Different background with boxes on the floor.
- 14:30 - No emergency ladder present.
- 15:00 - No Small Key or memo.
- 15:59 - No door present like final game.
- 16:07 - No handgun ammo on dead body.
- 16:14 - Different background with cabinet.
- 16:45 - Door skips a room when entering to the outside parking area.
- 0:54 - Small Key instead of Cabin Key.
- 1:07 - Door leads back into proper room.
- 1:18 - Magnum (Desert Eagle) instead of Valve Handle.
- 1:19 - Desert Eagle also has 15 bullets instead of 8.
- 1:23 - Key item (Rock Bolt B) not present in final game.
- 2:21 - Camera angle not present in final game.
- 3:57 - No sound when Leon crashes through the floor.
- 4:23 - Wood Eagle instead of Plug.
- 4:39 - Green Cardkey instead of Handgun Parts.
- 5:55 - Door unlocks with "L" Key instead of Spade Key.
- 6:05 - No fax Report.
- 6:09 - Chemical A not present in final game.
- 6:10 - Complete Custom Handgun present unlike final game.
- 6:23 - Custom Handgun only holds 15 bullets and theres no option for burst or single fire.
- 6:40 - Valve Handle instead of Crank.
- 11:41 - Custom Shotgun parts present unlike final game.
- 12:40 - No ammo in helicopter.
- 13:28 - "S" Key instead of Diamond Key.
- 13:49 - Another key item (Bolt Plug) not present in final game.
- 14:09 - Leon is able to enter wrecked door.
- 14:18 - Incomplete chief Iron's office with Kendo sitting in chair and one woman in the table. No hallway leading to his office.
- 14:32 - Elevator door leads to outside area with stairs.
- 14:38 - Obvious incomplete room.
- 14:55 - Door leads back to Chief Iron's office instead of crow hallway.
- 15:10 - Obvious incomplete "Stuffed Tiger" hallway. Door at end doesn't work either.